A limited workshop collection inspired by the transdisciplinary work of Donald Judd. Composed in the precise modular design that defined his work, with a visor-like rectangular front and thick chamfered temples. Measured from front to temple, tip to tip, a perfect square. Five editions of five, in juxtaposing layers of layers of laminated acetate, drawing on Judd’s work with colour. Left untitled so they can speak for themselves, as Donald would have wanted.
- Limited to just 25 pieces, made by hand in our King’s Cross workshop
- Available to browse and buy exclusively in our Brighton store
- Laminated premium cellulose acetate
- Pin-drilled signature Cubitts rivets
- UV protection
- Free international shipping
- Free 30 day returns in UK, EU and US
- Spectacles and sunglasses orders shipped via DHL and DPD
- Import duties may be payable outside the US and UK
- Lead times depend on your prescription, but typically take around 1 week
Visit our FAQs page for more information.
See it on a model
Emilie has a wide head and medium nose.
She wears 5 cyan/orange.
Mal has a medium head and medium nose.
He wears 2 pink/yellow.
Nino has a medium head and medium nose.
He wears 4 blue/orange.
Alice has a medium head and medium low nose.
She wears 2 pink/yellow.
Judd’s rigorously geometric constructions sought to emphasise the purity of materials, using transparency and colour to highlight and reveal their structure. Although colour was always a significant component of his work, he employed no more than two colours in a single object until the early 1980s.
Colour is never unimportant.
Our promises to you.
Two-year warranty and 30-day no-quibble returns.
Repairs, reglazes and free cleaning cloths for life.
All frames include lenses, case, cloth lens cleaner and the Cubitts bookmark.
Proper eye exams