Caring for your frame FAQs
Caring for your frame
Worn everyday, your spectacles will see plenty of action. That’s why it’s important to keep them safe. Our tips?
1) When you’re not wearing them, keep your frames snug in their case. It’ll keep them dust free and protected from the elements (or your pocket).
2) Give your lens cloth a wash regularly in warm, soapy water.
Spectacles are precious objects. Though we would say that wouldn’t we? Nevertheless, when cleaning yours we recommend the following tips:
1) Hold your frame by the nose bridge or temple, so you have a firm grip without smudging those beautiful lenses.
2) Clean the lenses with your Cubitts lens cloth (adding a spray of your lens cleaner for good measure).
3) Gentle, circular movements work best, working from the outside to the inside of the lens.
4) To protect your frames from damage, avoid cleaning with solvents and try not to leave them in direct sunlight.
In the Cubitts Workshop, spectacles troubled by life come to be repaired. Repairs come in four prices, nothing, £25, £50 and £75 - depending on complexity. You know the sort of thing - broken or scratched frames, broken hinges or missing pins. If your frames aren’t broken and just need a little TLC, we also offer a simple rehab service for £15. To book a repair or rehab, find out more here.
Wash your cloth regularly with warm, soapy water. Avoid any chemicals and fabric softeners.